ksh 11/16/88e now available in AT&T Toolchest

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Thu Oct 4 12:56:18 AEST 1990

mwm at raven.pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) writes:

>Just out of curiosity, when did AT&T start allowing people to freely
>redistribute their code if it's part of a derived work? At least,
>you're implying that I'm free to do what I want with my code if it
>includes AT&T's code, which generally includes redistribution.

	As is the case with other Toolchest products, one may choose to
take out a binary distribution license that will permit one to distribute
product based on the licensed source. Of course, this costs money, but
one is always free to find something else that meets his needs.

	One additional advantage of ksh against bash and other PD stuff
is that it will be a supported component under System V Rel 4. Those
spoiled children contrasting the products of the profit-oriented against
the selfless copyleft'ers should remember that much of the sustenance of
the latter comes from the former.