public domain ksh sources - where ?

Simon J Gerraty sjg at melb.bull.oz.au
Mon Apr 22 12:09:51 AEST 1991

In <1991Apr18.235605.29857 at melb.bull.oz.au> I wrote:
>In <91103.005514QQ11 at LIVERPOOL.AC.UK> QQ11 at LIVERPOOL.AC.UK (Alan Thew) writes:
>>The opinions I've heard say that the PD version is more like an
>>improved sh or a very small subset of ksh. OK if you want a shell
>>for nothing but not if you want something even close to the 'real
>>thing'

>Well I'm using the that PD ksh on some sun's.  I use a real ksh
>on our Bull DPX/2.  After adding a few simple features to the PD
>shell (like editing lines longer than the screen width, and
>retrieving words from the previous command line).  I switch
>between the DPX/2 and sun all day (side by side on the sun's
>console) and its hard to tell the difference.

Boy did that get a response!
Thanks to all those who expressed an interest in my updates.
I will package the lot up into a complete tar file, as well as
some patch files and make it available for anon-ftp.

I will post here when it is ready (a bug seems to have worked
its way back into edit.c...) it might take a few days until I
have time to look at it.

--
Simon J. Gerraty		<sjg at melb.bull.oz.au>

#include <disclaimer,_witty_comment>