Microport SVR4 Offer

Tom Frauenhofer tvf at cci632.UUCP
Fri Dec 21 09:06:31 AEST 1990

In article <1872 at fallst.UUCP> tkevans at fallst.UUCP (Tim Evans) writes:
> <Deleted article reference by Dick Dunn asking what is Microport doing
   about V/AT>

>Why, they're *selling* that old product.  You can't tell from the sales
>literature if this is the same old release 2.4 the old uPort released
>TWO years ago, but there's no indication that it's not.  Price is $649
>for the 2-user version and $898 for the unlimited version.
>
>It does appear, that they're throwing in DOS-Merge for this price, but,
>as I recall, this never worked anyway...

Just a nit - I used to run Microport V/AT 2.4, I had DOS-Merge version
2.0, it worked for me.  I've since upgraded to a 386, but have gone the
Minix-386 root (guess I'm just an OS hacker at heart!).
--
Thomas V. Frauenhofer, WA2YYW, tvf at cci.com   | "Death is Irrelevant.
{uupsi,ccicpg}!cci632!tvf at uunet.uu.net       |  One time I saw an elephant in