UNIX System V

Michael Almond mra at srchtec.UUCP
Wed Nov 28 02:53:53 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov26.224307.22119 at unixland.uucp> bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:
>In article <363 at anomaly.sbs.com> mpd at anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) writes:
>>$895 for a 33mhz 386w/0k is "outraegeously expensive"? Even figuring in
>>8megs of RAM at $66/SIMM, you're still way under that $2k figure.
>
>It's amazing the way the prices are dropping.

The prices of the boards should drop another good size notch now that AMD can
market their Intel 386 clones.  I haven't seen any ads mentioning the new chips
though.

---
Michael R. Almond (Georgia Tech Alumnus)           mra at srchtec.uucp (registered)
search technology, inc.				        emory!stiatl!srchtec!mra
Atlanta, Georgia                                         (404) 441-1457 (office)
[search]: Systems Engineering Approaches to Research and Development