ESIX and MCA

James Deibele jamesd at techbook.com
Sat Nov 10 10:21:35 AEST 1990

In article <5531 at crash.cts.com> jca at pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
>>>I'm getting ready to put together a Unix System V/386 System and I need to
>>>make the decision of whether or not to go ISA or MCA with respect to the
>>>system bus.  The only problem I'm faced if going the MCA route is if ESIX
>>>supports MCA.  The machine will be handling a lot of I/O and it very well
[...]
>So instead of sending me a bunch of junk about looking into EISA, how about
>some kind soul sending me information on ESIX and MCA.

Who could resist such a polite request?

But for the benefit of everyone, ESIX is not certified for use on MCA and the
3.2 version will not be tested.  The 3.1 was tested and certified, but nobody
bought it, so ESIX didn't bother with 3.2.  They say they will with 4.0, but
not until late '91 or early '92.  They'll do ISA, EISA, MCA.

ESIX will be demonstrating their 4.0 (which is shipping "first quarter") at
COMDEX if anyone is interested in taking a look at it.

--
Public Access UNIX at (503) 644-8135 (1200/2400) Voice: +1 503 646-8257