Warning to ESIX buyers.

Kaleb Keithley kaleb at thyme.jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 16 02:49:36 AEST 1990

In article <473 at datran2.uunet> smb at datran2.uunet (Steven M. Boker) writes:

>I have found a real gotcha in purchasing ESIX.
>
>A few weeks ago I purchased an ESIX 2 user base system, a GUI
>development toolkit and the NFS streams package.  I installed
>the base system and the GUI development kit and played around with
>it and my general impression was good.  Last week I started to
>install some of the source packages I have only to find that there
>were no libraries or compiler.  I look through the literature I
>had and found that the base system was complete except for
>
>"C Software Development (Optional)    CSDS   4 diskettes."

Sounds like you got the Rev D. *upgrade* package, which does not include
the CSDS, because it is unchanged from Rev C.  I'd go back and kick
and scream at your vendor until he gets you the *real* full release.

It might be a legitimate mix-up, or maybe your vendor is trying to
beat the system by buying $75 upgrades and selling them as the $625
complete package?  As far as I know, the only diff' between the upgrade
and the full package is the CSDS.

--
Kaleb Keithley                      Jet Propulsion Labs
kaleb at thyme.jpl.nasa.gov

I don't watch Twin Peaks; I just come to work.