Backup of DOS partitions

Thomas Hoberg tmh at prosun.first.gmd.de
Wed May 8 01:34:19 AEST 1991

In article <3799 at sixhub.UUCP>, davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (Wm E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
|> Does anyone have software which will backup the DOS partition on the
|> hard disk from unix or xenix? Please don't suggest using dd, if you've
|> tried you know why that's not the solution.
|>
|> I need a backup which will move DOS data structures between machines,
|> vendors, and partition sizes. Ability to backup only part of a disk
|> would be useful but not required.
Well on ISC at least, it's possible to simply mount the DOS file system and use
find, cpio or tar. If you have VPIX you could run one of the DOS cpio's in a
pipe. Even PC-Backup on a file (even UNIX char special?) should work.

--
----
Thomas M. Hoberg   | UUCP: tmh at bigfoot.first.gmd.de  or  tmh%gmdtub at tub.UUCP