Ultrix resolver

Jack Waters waters at ncifcrf.gov
Mon Apr 3 22:41:38 AEST 1989

Hi,

I'm new to this group so please be gentle. Recently, we got
a DEC Station 3100 running Ultrix as a demo. I want to use
the resolver but I must be doing something wrong. I have a
valid resolv.conf file pointing to both my primary and secondary
nameservers. When I run nslookup it resolves any address
that I want whether in my domain or out in the world. My
problem is that when I try to use telnet or rlogin the only
name resolution I get is from /etc/hosts. Any comments
will be appreciated.

			Thanks in advance,

			Jack Waters
			Advanced Scientific Computing Laboratory
			National Cancer Institute
			Frederick Md. 21701
			Internet: waters at fcs280s.ncifcrf.gov
			Phone: 301-698-5769