Decnet, VMS <==> Ultrix connection questions

Fletcher Kittredge fkittred at bbn.com
Mon Apr 3 21:56:20 AEST 1989

In article <521 at mmlai.UUCP> burzio at mmlai.UUCP (Tony Burzio) writes:

>The CMU package does not work well to my Hewlett Packard.  For some reason it
>hangs up remote logins if they become inactive for a time.  The Wolongong
>and Excellan products work better, but will not pass the ^C through to stop
>output from tying up the screen (use lots of | less :-)

Hum, could it be that you don't have the C shell enviromental variable
"autologout" set to zero?  We had a similar problem here with Ultrix
to HP systems until we found this feature.

>By the by, it's X Windows, not DECwindows...

There is no such thing as "X Windows", there is X, X11, the "X Window System",
but no "X Windows".  The one thing that the X Consortium asks is
that you do not call their contribution "X Windows"...

regards,
fletcher

Fletcher E. Kittredge  fkittred at bbn.com