Ultrix on uVax I

Alan's Home for Wayward Notes File. alan at shodha.dec.com
Thu Nov 16 11:58:51 AEST 1989

In article <1891 at eric.mpr.ca>, parker at zaphod.Berkeley.EDU (Ross Parker) writes:
> In article <8570 at cbmvax.UUCP>,  grr at cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
> >In article <1887 at eric.mpr.ca> parker at zaphod.mpr.ca (Ross Parker) writes:
> >> In article <475 at shodha.dec.com>, alan at shodha.dec.com ( Alan's Home for

	[ Lot of comments and speculation about the MicroVAX I
	  being SUPPORTED on which version of ULTRIX. ]

	I have in front of me the Software Product Description
	for ULTRIX-32 Operating System, Version 2.0 SPD 26.40.07.

	The only place the MicroVAX I is mentioned is on page
	19 where the key to media types for the user upgrades
	are listed:

		H3 =  MicroVAX I, 8200/8250, 8300/8350, 8550,
		      8700/8800.

	Since it isn't listed in the tables of supported devices,
	it must not be supported by that version.  It may still
	work, but we no longer support it.  You might even be able
	to bring up the DECnet-Internet Gateway software on it,
	but we can't guarantee that it will work.

Alan Rollow				alan at nabeth.enet.dec.com