Why doesn't Ultrix support have any tapes

Mark Sausville saus at media-lab.media.mit.edu
Fri Oct 13 03:39:49 AEST 1989

In article <2508 at bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> chris at bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Chris Peck) writes:

   The Subject line says it all - I've had a problem with my system hanging
   for the last 2 months - when ultrix support figured out the problem and
   notified me I was given three choices on getting the patch for it:
   .
   .
   .
   3. I could send them a tape to put the patch on (I choose this).  This isn't
      a problem it terms of cost - just seems kinda stupid to me - I have had
      no problem getting VMS patches sent to me on tape from DEC - even IBM
      will send patches on our choice of media....

   [more elision]

I'd try to make sure that they're actually going to fix your problem
before I jump through too many hoops for them.  I've had a system
(6320 Ultrix 3.1) hanging on and off since July.  I've done a lot of
work for them and they have yet to fix the problem.  As of now, it's
sort of trickling into New Hampshire and I've been assured that it will
be dealt with.  Of course, that's what I've been hearing since early
September (current incarnation of the problem).

Would you like to describe your system hang?

						Mark.