Domain names & /etc/exports

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Sun Oct 22 07:06:04 AEST 1989

In article <13019 at boulder.Colorado.EDU> grunwald at foobar.colorado.edu writes:

> This problem has arisen twice now, so I want to get the staight poop.
>
> According to some RFC, domain names are supposedly case insensitive.
> however, we were trying to export /usr/local at foobar to /usr/local at soma.
> the local domain is specified as Colorado.EDU.

Domain names seem to be only case insensitive as far as *mail* routing
is concerened.  It appears that most(/all?) of the standard tcp stuff
has some case sensitivity.

I haven't the faintest idea whether there is some other RFC that makes
an explicit statment to this effect, or it's that everythign just happens
to be broken.

but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at uunet.uu.net