Problems with NFS and SunOS 4.1

Del Armstrong dela at ee.rochester.edu
Wed Dec 12 09:20:40 AEST 1990

In a previous posting Mike Iglesias says:

> We have a DECstation 5000/200 running Ultrix 4.1 and various Sun
> workstations, some running SunOS 4.0.3 and some running SunOS 4.1.
> When we try to NFS mount a DECstation partition on the Suns, the mount
> works fine on the Suns running 4.0.3 and doesn't work on the Suns
> running 4.1, failing with "Invalid client credential".

Has anybody else seen this problem? I just brought up a DecStation
500/200 under 4.1 (all my others are at 3.1D), and tried to reproduce the
problem. I couldn't get NFS mounts on a Sparc 4/470 under SunOS 4.1 to
fail! I'm planing to upgrade the rest of my DecStations to 4.1 over
the holiday. But if NFS is really broken I'll have to reconsider.

        Del Armstrong

        Internet    : dela at ee.rochester.edu
        UUCP        :     ...allegra!rochester!ur-valhalla!dela
        Twisted pair: (716) 275-5342
        Last resort : Hopeman 407
                      Electrical Engineering
                      University of Rochester