UWS 2.2 out yet ??????

Steve Dempsey steved at longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu
Sun Feb 4 09:37:09 AEST 1990

Ritacco) writes:

> >Is Ultrix Workstation Software (UWS) 2.2 shipping yet, and by the way,
> >how long after ship is the CD ROM version available?
>
> Yes, UWS 2.2 started shipped yesterday.
[January 29]
> CD kit available right now.

We received UWS 2.2 yesterday (Feb. 2).  It contains the same base system
changes as the Ultrix V3.1 upgrade, plus new/patched scsi support for the
kernel.  The remainder is all UWS.  It looks like you get Display PostScript,
new (updated) servers, and new clients.

And all the MIT clients have moved to /usr/bin/X11.  I couldn't find anything
in the .scp files to remove the old ones, so you may end up with duplictes
left in /usr/bin.  So much for unsupported subsets. :-(

I probably won't install UWS 2.2 right away; I can live without DPS and don't
have any other big problems with UWS 2.1 that need fixing.

        Steve Dempsey,  Center for Computer Assisted Engineering
  Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO  80523    +1 303 491 0630
INET: steved at longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu, dempsey at handel.CS.ColoState.Edu
UUCP: boulder!ccncsu!longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu!steved, ...!ncar!handel!dempsey