How to use uucp on a VAXstation 3100 via Telebit modem?

Ian! D. Allen [CGL] idallen at watcgl.waterloo.edu
Thu Jul 12 10:47:49 AEST 1990

Am I correct in my assesment that because the vs3100 has no modem control
signals on its DECconnect plug, uucp can't be taught to "wait for carrier",
and thus uucp will not work?  Running with debugging turned on in the
telebit entry in /etc/acucap, I see that "carrier" is detected immediately
after sending out the telephone number, and hence the following routine that
is looking for the "CONNECT" string fails.  So is uucp useless on a vs3100?
-IAN! (Ian! D. Allen) idallen at watcgl.uwaterloo.ca idallen at watcgl.waterloo.edu
 [129.97.128.64]  Computer Graphics Lab/University of Waterloo/Ontario/Canada