Maxtor disks & DEC5000

Michael van Elst p554mve at mpirbn.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Tue Oct 16 05:00:11 AEST 1990

In article <2714CFCC.8088 at orion.oac.uci.edu> Mike Iglesias <iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu> writes:
>You may need to turn on the readahead cache on the disk - we got some
>Maxtor XT8380s drives that had it turned off.  You can do it with
>the rzdisk program:
>
>  # rzdisk -c ask /dev/rrz0a

Another problem is that the generic configuration doesn't use synchronous
transfers on the SCSI bus for unknown devices. You have to change
the scsi_data.c file (in /sys/data/) to inform the kernel about the drives
capabilties.

Regards,
--
Michael van Elst
UUCP:     universe!local-cluster!milky-way!sol!earth!uunet!unido!mpirbn!p554mve
Internet: p554mve at mpirbn.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de