How to do shared modem on DS200 terminal server from Ultrix?

Johan Vromans jv at mh.nl
Sat Sep 15 21:56:03 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep15.053123.21371 at watcgl.waterloo.edu>
idallen at watcgl.waterloo.edu (Ian! D. Allen [CGL]) writes:

   Wot?  You mean I bought three DS200/MC units with modem control and
   the modem signals are not propagated back to the Ultrix ttys?  What's
   the point of modem control on the DS200 then?

I agree, Ian, this is ridiculous!

Also, in article <15364 at shlump.nac.dec.com> thomas at mipsbx.lkg.dec.com
(Matt Thomas) writes (in reply to Ian):

   Ian> If this keeps up, I'll have to buy a Qbus serial card for my DS5400.
   Ian> Or maybe I'll put the modems on our MicrovaxII; it has a serial card.

   I think the DHQ11 is supported.

DEC advised me to buy a DS5000 instead of a DS5400 (which I did). And
a 5000 does not have anything alike a DHQ11.
I feel disappointed.

	Johan
[The above opinions are my own, but I think it won't cost much effort
 to make my boss share them.]
--
Johan Vromans				       jv at mh.nl via internet backbones
Multihouse Automatisering bv		       uucp: ..!{uunet,hp4nl}!mh.nl!jv