Ultrix resolver question

Rick Watson rick at ut-emx.uucp
Wed Mar 6 07:38:33 AEST 1991

I think that netstat opens tcp/domain sockets to the nameserver.
Were you using netstat to look at your system?  You might try
"netstat -n", though I don't know if this really prevents it
from opening the connection.

Rick Watson
The University of Texas Computation Center, 512/471-3241
   internet: rick at digate.cc.utexas.edu       bitnet: watson at utadnx
   uucp:     ...!cs.utexas.edu!ut-emx!rick   span:   utspan::utadnx::watson