Backup media choice

Jim Ray jdr at sloth.mlb.semi.harris.com
Fri May 24 05:43:57 AEST 1991

We are getting ready to choose a backup jukebox type system for our
existing DEC 5500's ( but additionally want to use it for our other machines
as well including IBM etc ).

What is the general feeling about 8mm and 4mm tape systems as an
alternative?

What experiences have people had with dec's new solution? ( Apparently
some sort of TK70 like stacker that handles 2.3 gig per tape and a
transfer rate of 800k bytes/sec ).

Thanks, in advance....

--
Jim Ray                                Harris Semiconductor
Internet:  jdr at semi.harris.com         PO Box 883   MS 62B-022