lisp

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Wed Oct 28 18:08:56 AEST 1981

>From obrien at RAND-UNIX Wed Oct 28 17:18:28 1981
	From my notes on the Delaware USENIX, June of 1980:

Bob Kirby
U. of Maryland
ULISP, a dialect of LISP

	ULISP is an interpreter which has been around for some time
running under Version 6.  It's written in an extremely ugly assembler,
PAL-11R, but it supports several nice features of UNIVAC LISP, such as a
prettyprinter, an S-expression editor, a debug package, a version of
MICRO PLANNER, NLISP, incore sorting, and the creation of satellite
processes.  The compiler does require a kernel modification to provide
writeable I-space because that is how it runs: it essentially copies code
into the I-space of its process.  It has a full arithmetic package, and he
provides an online manual, available as U. of Maryland report TR546.

	This is the only other 11 LISP I personally know of besides Harvard's.
I have no experience with it.