Can the "multiplexed file driver" be yanked from 4.1bsd?

ado at elsie.UUCP ado at elsie.UUCP
Wed May 9 00:29:16 AEST 1984

I'm thinking of yanking the "multiplexed file driver" from our 4.1bsd kernel.
I would clearly get to rework "comsat" and "mail" if I did this.

If you have any insights to offer on yanking the driver, mail me a note.
And if you know how to set up "comsat" and "mail" so they avoid use of
multiplexed files, mail me a note.
If your advice is to upgrade to 4.2bsd, direct the advice to NIH and UCB lawyers
who have blocked such action on our part.
--
UNIX is a trademark of AT&T Bell Laboratories.