Xenix 286 & Graphics

Robin Cutshaw robin at medstar.UUCP
Sat Jun 8 04:34:56 AEST 1985

To eliminate the reinitialization of the EGA in Xenix you must patch the
routine that does this...

cp /xenix /xenix-
adb -w /xenix -
$x
initCRTC+4?w cbc9		/* c756 = cbc9 */
$q

This will avoid initCRTC by just returning.

To use the color graphics adapter in graphics mode you will have to talk to
the controller.  I have written (and extensively use) an I/O channel device
driver that will allow me to examine/modify any I/O address including the
graphics adapter and the PC Network Adapter.  I may post this to net.sources
shortly.  To actually write into graphics memory you will have to use some
of the defined macros in sys/param.h to get between kernel and physical memory.
This is what I use to DMA into/from the PC Network Adapter.

Good luck...

--
----
Robin Cutshaw