Can something like Script be done in System V?

Arnold Robbins arnold at gatech.CSNET
Sat Jun 22 03:22:13 AEST 1985

> [.....]
> The shell checks whether its reading from a tty and omits
> the PS1 prompts.
>
>         tee stdin | sh | tee stdout
>
> is rather difficult to use.
> --
>
> Made in New Zealand -->		Brent Callaghan
> 				AT&T Information Systems, Lincroft, NJ
> 				{ihnp4|mtuxo|pegasus}!phoenix!brent
> 				(201) 576-3475

If you give the shell the -i flag (interactive), it will then assume
that it should prompt.  I haven't tried it, but I'll bet that it'll
work.
--
Arnold Robbins
CSNET:	arnold at gatech	ARPA:	arnold%gatech.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa
UUCP:	{ akgua, allegra, hplabs, ihnp4, seismo, ut-sally }!gatech!arnold

How come nobody likes good ideas when they don't come up with them?