RA81 vs. Emulex/Eagle

Mark Weiser mark at tove.UUCP
Sat May 4 13:01:38 AEST 1985

We are looking at RA81's on unibus's vs. Emulex/Eagles for our new
8600.  Setting aside issues like the availability of drivers
and reliability, does anyone have or have pointers to hard
data comparing the PERFORMANCE of these two animals?  I have to
think that a Unibus device is going to be slower than an SBI device,
but what has anyone measured?  Thanks.
Spoken: Mark Weiser 	ARPA:	mark at maryland	Phone: +1-301-454-7817
CSNet:	mark at umcp-cs 	UUCP:	{seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!mark
USPS: Computer Science Dept., University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742