785 - interrupt stack invalid

Richard Stevens stevens at hsi.UUCP
Sun Sep 29 01:37:01 AEST 1985

Whenever our 11-785 running 4.2 power fails and then attempts to
restart itself we end up with the message:

	Boot
	: ra(0,0)vmunix
	171176+72488+39720 start 0xf80

		?INT-STK INVLD
		HALTED AT 00000009

Trying to restart by hand (Ctrl-P, then H, then B) ends up with the
same message.  We have also forced the microcode to be reloaded,
and that makes no difference.  The only way to get around the problem
is to power the system down, then power up by hand and it reboots fine.
This has become a pain since it requires someone to physically come in
and restart the system.

Anyone know what is going on and how to get around it ??

	Richard Stevens
	Health Systems International, New Haven, CT
           ihnp4 ! hsi ! stevens