ULTRIX futures?

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Sun Feb 9 22:08:17 AEST 1986

>PS: My manager worked with Doug for a while at the P1003 meetings and tells
>me that he is 100% anti-BSD in person as well.  Notice that both of these
>gentlemen work in a "mixed" environment of BSD/SV.  Maybe oil and water
>don't mix?  How about it Pyramid?  DCS

Your information is not entirely correct.  If I were 100% anti-BSD
you can bet I would not be running 4.nBSD on my systems.  At the
P1003 meeting (singular) that I have attended so far, I was one of
the few people who were being particularly careful that the draft
POSE standard be phrased so that 4BSD-based kernels could meet the
specifications without doing violence to cherished improvements
such as reliable signals, sockets, etc.  I am also clearly not 100%
pro-System V, as those who have read my comments when I post bug
reports know.  I am one of a small number of people in a position
to evaluate both UNIX variants from both a technical and a marketing
viewpoint, and I call `em like I see `em.  Sorry you don't like that.