plain 8-bit output

Hurf Sheldon hurf at batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU
Wed Oct 8 23:20:30 AEST 1986

In article <5218 at dartvax.UUCP> steve at dartvax.UUCP (Steve Campbell) writes:
>The goal: to be able to output these 8-bit characters *without losing any
>	standard Unix tty functions.*  RAW negates flow-control.  RAW and
>	LITOUT change the handling of CR and/or LF.  4.3BSD has a new
>	PASS8 tty(4) option, but it says it only applies to input (grrr).
>	What I want is plain old cooked mode BUT with an 8-bit data path.
>
>The question: how?  Must I hack the tty drivers and sys/tty*?  Ugh.
 This may not be necessary...

   Having just gone through this - use cooked(-raw), LITOUT and use crmod to
   fix up the CR's. If you are using 'stty' to try different settings
   toggling the baud rate ensures the local mode bits get read.(At
   least on a uvaxII -Ultrix1.2)

     Hurf Sheldon			Arpa.css: hurf at ionvax.tn.cornell.edu
     Lab of Plasma Studies

     369 Upson Hall			phone: 607 255 7267