TCP-IP help please

djones at megatest.UUCP djones at megatest.UUCP
Sat Oct 25 13:26:54 AEST 1986

I sure hope somebody can give me some help on a problem I am having.

I am attempting to use Sun's "rcp" package to do some interprocess
communication.  I am using the TCP protocol.  The package implements
server/client connections using listen(), accept(), connect(), etc.

I find that I can get two processes to communicate if
I start one in a shell in background and then start the other in foreground.

But what I need to be able to do is to have one of the processes fork off
the other one.  When I do this I get the message:

		Connection reset by peer

It's an errno.  Do you know what this means?  If you do, please send
me email

		"megatest!djones" @Glacier.ARPA

or call me collect at

		(408) 998-7710 ext 3161.