Autobaud and Ultrix 1.2 (4.2 bsd)

William L. Sebok wls at astrovax.UUCP
Mon Sep 29 06:53:30 AEST 1986

In article <4021 at brl-smoke.ARPA> HAL%USU.BITNET at wiscvm.arpa writes:

>        Does anybody know how to make Ultrix 1.2 autobaud select using
><cr> or <^c>.

I doubt that it can be made to also autobaud on ^C without being able to
hack on the source.  However it already does work fine (with one complaint)
autobauding on a carriage return.

About that one complaint: I did minor amount of hacking on the source myself.
After 5 seconds it times out and goes to 9600 baud.  This may have been okay
on the original micom portselecter but is a bad move when using it to autobaud
on a modem.  A lot of our uucp partners were having trouble connecting when
the hunt group put them on our Hayes 2400 which uses getty autobauding.  I
fixed it by simply commenting out the timeout.
--
Bill Sebok			Princeton University, Astrophysics
{allegra,akgua,cbosgd,decvax,ihnp4,noao,philabs,princeton,topaz}!astrovax!wls