UNIX as a PC file server

joe at cbdkc1.UUCP joe at cbdkc1.UUCP
Sat Jan 17 07:26:58 AEST 1987

In article <111 at eli.UUCP> geller at eli.UUCP (David P. Geller) writes:
>Has anyone crafted a simple fileserver mechanism using a fairly
>generic version of UNIX and one or more PC's. I'm looking for
>something that is close to being functionally equivalent to
>Suns NFS-PCNFS environment without a LAN - using serial lines.
>This would require, I imagine, the following:

	I have worked with pc-interface. I used AT&T 6300 with a 3B2.
One way to use it is to attach your Unix login (directory) as an extra
drive for the PC. Another dept. used it for file server - PCs using
Wordstar(tm), Unix is lp spooler for huge group of these.
Kind of neat. Don't have the info on it (its been a year) but could
get it if intereset is there.

--

			Joseph Judge
			cbdkc1!joe

	Some will sell their dreams for small desires,
	and lose the race to rats; get caught in ticking traps;
	and stop to dream of somewhere to relax their restless flight ...