command line options

Ed Gould ed at mtxinu.UUCP
Mon Apr 11 11:00:51 AEST 1988

Doug Gwyn:
>You miss the point; -? already has the desired property; it does not
>have to be explicitly added to every application.  I'm sorry if you
>choose to use a shell that makes this too difficult to type.

Actually, I think that you miss the point.  What shell do you use that
doesn't expand -? when it matches a file name?  The point is that this
use in getopt() abuses an existing construct.

--
Ed Gould                    mt Xinu, 2560 Ninth St., Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
{ucbvax,uunet}!mtxinu!ed    +1 415 644 0146

"`She's smart, for a woman, wonder how she got that way'..."