****New AT&T Device Driver Manuals available***

Stewart gmark at ihlpf.ATT.COM
Wed Aug 24 13:02:57 AEST 1988

In article <818 at vsi.UUCP>, friedl at vsi.UUCP (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:
> In article <799 at vsi.UUCP>, friedl at vsi.UUCP (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:
>                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^___ that's me
> > Hi net.folks,
> >
> >      AT&T has released a replacement for the old _3B2 Device
> > Driver Manual_, and it is really wonderful.
> > [bug in system, less than $4 each]
>
> Folks, sorry about this, but AT&T has apparently caught the low
> price and set them to "proper" values.  The word is that the new
> prices are $86 for the large volume, $40 for the small one.  I

Let me be irrational and primitive about this.  Let me say that
I resent being teased by little deals like this.  Let me say that
I wonder how many toyed-with customers it would take to find the
idiot that does little pricing jokes like this -- like the kind of
person that sets technical information pricing (like the kind you
would need to, say, provide an enhancement or service that might
keep a product alive) at an outrageous level (like $900 dollars
a manual -- no exaggeration) -- and remove precious parts of his
or her body.  Just a (aggravated to the extreme) thought.

						- GMS