pty / socket device driver

Mike Tracy miket at ccicpg.UUCP
Fri Feb 5 03:45:31 AEST 1988

I heard that somewhere somebody created a 'virtual terminal' device driver
(Running under 4.2 or 4.3 bsd) with other support software
(e.g. daemons to set up connections, etc.)

Essentially, what I mean by 'virtual terminal' is that a new type of
pty (pseudo terminal) is created.
This new pty has the intelligence to handle sockets, there by
(for the most part) eliminating the telnetd, rshd and rlogind daemons.

I would also be interested in any enhancements that have been made to the
remote session handlers (e.g. local ioctl, improved TCP/IP
packet buffering, etc.)

Could someone send me the source(s) ?

				Thanks in advance,
				mike

--
Michael D. Tracy	Computer Consoles Incorporated
(714)458-7282		9801 Muirlands Boulevard