OSF

wayne at ames.arc.nasa.gov wayne at ames.arc.nasa.gov
Sat Jun 4 01:18:37 AEST 1988

All this discussion about OSF and its "members" (one of which is of
course IBM) reminds me of one of my favorite Pogo Possum lines.  It
seems Pogo had gone on an outing with a bunch of his friends --
Howland Owl, Tammany Tiger, and several I don't remember -- and they
had gotten lost and were discussing their fate, even the possibility
of all of them starving.  Whereupon Pogo observed:

	When you starve with a tiger, the tiger starves last.

Of course, we know that this doesn't really apply to the OSF, since
all of its members are equal ... (Huh?  Did someone just mention
"Aminal Farm"?)

      Wayne Hathaway                  ultra!wayne at Ames.ARPA
      Ultra Network Technologies
      2140 Bering drive               with a domain server:
      San Jose, CA 95131                 wayne at Ultra.COM
      408-922-0100