HP-UX Plug

Dave Decot decot at hpisod2.HP.COM
Wed Mar 9 09:17:16 AEST 1988

>   Personnally, I prefer the V.3.1 international character support method
> for various technical reasons, but expect that this verges on being
> a religious issue and so will stop at that.  This isn't intended as a flame,
> but rather an expression of frustration at the unclear reference to SVVS and
> SVID compatibility in HP's print advertising, etc.  I actually like HP for
> other things.

I wouldn't mind hearing what technical reasons you have for preferring
the V.3.1 character support method.  Various standards bodies are
currently wrestling with this issue.

In the future, I'll be more specific in my references to SVID and SVVS
and let our marketing organizations know that they should do the same.

Dave Decot
hpda!decot