O'pain Software Foundation: (2) Why is it better than AT&T?

Michael T Sullivan sullivan at vsi.UUCP
Wed May 25 01:32:25 AEST 1988

In article <3c3a336e.13422 at apollo.uucp>, mishkin at apollo.uucp (Nathaniel Mishkin) writes:

> BTW, I object to the various speculation (on the part of several people)
> on the topic of the "ulterior motives" of DEC and IBM.  (No one cares
> about Apollo's ulterior motives, I guess :-)  "They really just want
> to wreak havoc", it is said.  Aren't AT&T and Sun subject to ulterior
> motives?  "Get them hooked on a standard *we* define and that *they're*

I can't see why you have objections.  I myself am suspicious
of a company that is supposed to write a unified Unix being
headed by DEC and IBM, who would like nothing more than to
see Unix go away.  Despite what DEC and IBM execs say, I believe
that is still the case.  People's objections are understandable.

--
Michael Sullivan		{uunet|attmail}!vsi!sullivan
				sullivan at vsi.com
HE V MTL			Anybody out there remember Max Webster?