query: new disk drive for VAX

Rahul Dhesi dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP
Wed Oct 5 06:06:49 AEST 1988

Given about $20,000 to $30,000 to spend on a disk drive for a
VAX-11/785 running 4.3BSD, which already has two rm80s and one rp07 on
the massbus, can I do better than buying an RA81 from DEC?  How much
better?

Reliable on-site maintenance is essential.  (Location:  Muncie,
Indiana, about 50 miles from Indianapolis).  Please send email if you
have suggestions.  I will summarize a few weeks from now.
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!dhesi