4.3BSD uucp -- patches to distribution?

Tom Chmara tpc at leibniz.UUCP
Tue Oct 4 22:31:44 AEST 1988

I've just recently ported 4.3BSD uucp to my workstation in hopes of getting
the TCP/IP software working.  Also, I've implemented support for an in-house
modem eliminator which runs at 9.6K.  The problem is currently showing up
with the modem eliminator (my feed doesn't have ethernet yet):

Multiple (between 4 & 12) compressed files transfer successfully.  At a
seemingly random time, things die as follows (snippet from uucico -x7):

(normal exchange, then)...
send 043
received data 48842 bytes 93.94 secs 4 retries
wmesg 'C' Y
*** TOP ***  -  role=SLAVE
rmesg - '' pkcget: alarm 4001
send 043
pkcget: alarm 7002
send 043
pkcget: alarm 10003
send 043
rec h->cntl 040
state - 01030
(above 2 lines repeated several times)...
got FAIL

And that's all she wrote.  Sigh.  Any ideas what could be happening?
>From a quick look at the code, it appears that my feed has stopped talking,
and I time out (hence the alarms from pkcget).  Why can't I process the
incoming header, then?  I'm ready to dive in headfirst, but thought that
if someone's already fixed this one, I'd be re-inventing the wheel.
	Arrgh.  Any ideas are MOST welcome...
	Thanks...
		---tpc---
--
I am sole owner of the above opinions. Licensing inquiries welcome.
Tom Chmara			UUCP:  ..utgpu!bnr-vpa!bnr-di!leibniz!tpc