Dumping Remote Clients on Suns

simpson at trwarcadia.uucp simpson at trwarcadia.uucp
Fri Apr 21 06:59:38 AEST 1989

How do most people in the net world out there dump client disks?
I have a remote shell that I run to currently dump the clients.  The
line in the script looks like

rsh client -l root /etc/dump 9udf 6250 dumphost:/dev/nrmt8 /dev/rsd0g

This works except for when it takes two tapes.  Then the dump program
tries to open /dev/tty when it asks for confirmation and it of course fails.
I told Sun this was an error and they disagreed.  So my next alternative was
to try remote logging in.

rlogin hostname -l root << endmarker
...text here...
endmarker

This didn't work either.  Rlogin won't take standard input that is not a tty.
Any suggestions?
	Scott Simpson
	TRW Space and Defense Sector
	oberon!trwarcadia!simpson  	(UUCP)