Pixel computer

KWILLIAMS at ruby.vcu.edu KWILLIAMS at ruby.vcu.edu
Tue Jan 9 06:53:26 AEST 1990

Does anyone have info on the old Pixel computer with the 68000 CPU, and
running UNIX as the operating system.
running UNIX as the operating system?  We have a Pixel as part of an
instrumentation set-up (IR spectrophotometer) purchased about 6 years
ago from Mattson Instruments, Inc.  Two years ago we had a hardware and
software upgrade, and it hasn't worked right since.  The problem appears
to be in the computer.  It will work OK for a while, then start to give the
error message "Random interrupt type 29 ignored" repeatedly until the
console locks up and/or the computer locks up or defaults into DEBUG.

No one at Mattson knows anything about this.  The Pixel company is no
longer in business, and we can't track down anyone who might know what
that interrupt is.  If anybody has a clue as to what we are seeing or
how to track down our problem, please send electronic mail to:

INTERNET: KWILLIAMS at RUBY.VCU.EDU
BITNET: KWILLIAMS at VCUVAX

Please respond to the above, as I do not presently subscribe to this BB.

Thanks!

Kathleen Williams
Biochemistry Dept.
Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University
P.O. Box 614  MCV Station
Richmond, VA  23298-0614