The *ART* of Computer Programming

Jeff "lowercase d" d'Arcy jdarcy at pinocchio.encore.com
Fri Mar 2 15:09:25 AEST 1990

jdudeck at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (John R. Dudeck):

new at udel.edu (Darren New):
> Have you never heard of a one-time program? Or were you not referring to
> this kind of program?

Experience has taught me that one-shot programs have a very noticeable
tendency to turn into official (sometimes even released) tools.  Thus,
I think it's safe to say that JRD's assertion does in fact apply to all
programs.

Jeff d'Arcy     OS/Network Software Engineer     jdarcy at encore.com
    DISCLAIMER: I don't represent Encore any more than you do