Need 286 version of pathalias

Lowell J. Gray ljg at ecosoft.com
Mon Nov 12 10:50:26 AEST 1990

In article <568 at lrark.UUCP> rick at lrark.UUCP (Rick Mobley) writes:
>I have seen in the past a 'pathalias' that worked on a 286. I have tried to
>compile the current pathalias, but it does not run. I can compile it on a
>386 and all is well.

If you have the pathalias that comes with smail, it runs fine on a 286. You
need to add "-M2" to your CFLAGS and LDFLAGS when you compile it (the source has
an #ifdef for M_I286, which is only defined when you set that flag). You should
also increase your stack size (ie., "-F 4000" in LDFLAGS).

If it still dies, you don't have enough physical memory to digest all of the
USENET map (XENIX 286 doesn't have virtual memory). You'll probably need 4 Mb.

- Lowell
--
Lowell J. Gray                EcoSoft, Inc.              tel: 508 651 8722
ljg at ecosoft.com               13 Priscilla Path