New GCC binaries available

Inge Arnesen ingea at IFI.UIO.NO
Mon Nov 5 20:33:11 AEST 1990

Sometimes I get presents in the mail. Yesterday I did.

The latest GNU CC, GDB and GAS binaries on disk from Steve Bleazard.

To let as many people as possible enjoy this SW, I have made a set of
3 files for anonymous FTP:

   XenixGCCbin.Z
   XenixGCCdoc.Z
   XenixGCCread.me

The last file contains the information needed to create the installable
floppies and everything. All together it's about 700K.

The files are made available for US users on WUARCHIVE.WUSTL.EDU in the
/pub directory. Please feel free to copy these files to other sites.
If Sir-Alan ever gets it's FTP up and running (no offence intended),
that would be a natural place for these files.

For Scandinavian users, the files will be available for anonymous FTP
from skakke.uio.no at least for a while. If another Scandinavian FTP
site can put these files available on a more permanent basis (uwasa or
some of the other University sites might be good spots), that would be
a better solution.

I can to a certain extent help Scandinavian users with mail transfers of
these files, but I will not mail this across the pond. I'm working at
a way to set this up on Norwegian BBS'es so XENIX users without FTP
and UUCP connections might get hold of it. Please contact me for further
info.

Inge (BoB)  { ingea at ifi.uio.no }