SCO TCP/IP for XENTX Runtime System: OPINIONS/COMMENTS WANTED!

Russ Nelson nelson at sun.soe.clarkson.edu
Thu Nov 1 17:22:40 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct17.182201.1878 at robobar.co.uk> ronald at robobar.co.uk (Ronald S H Khoo) writes:

   You will need to purchase the "streams" runtime package as well.  I
   found this out halfway through the installation guide to the TCP
   runtime :-(

Yes, the stupid installation guide lets you get halfway through the
TCP/IP installation process before it say "Oh, you *did* install the
Streams RT first, didn't you?"  Being a Unix Idiot (tm), I had to
reboot, which screwed my filesystem, so I ended up doing a complete
reinstall of Xenix.

I was not happy...   Lesson for the day: install the Streams RT first...

--
--russ (nelson at clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])  FAX 315-268-7600
It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear -- Freeman Dyson