Getting Fsanalyze to compile on Xenix

neal at mnopltd.UUCP neal at mnopltd.UUCP
Sat Jan 19 00:50:17 AEST 1991

->
->In article <167 at mnopltd.UUCP> gatech!stiatl!mnopltd!neal writes:
->>What can one do to resolve the missing definitions and
->>get fsanalyze to compile on Xenix 2.3.x devsys?
->
->You get an up-to-date version.
->
->Fsanalyze patchlevel 3 compiles just fine under XENIX 2.3.0 development
->system, and compiles with harmless warnings under 2.3.1 development
->system.  The patches went out through comp.sources.bugs about two
->years back.  I'd be glad to bundle up and mail out these patches if
->folks need them.  The bundle would be a tar'ed, compress'ed, btoa'ed
->archive - so make sure you've got the `atob' command (it is distributed
->with compress) first.

Umm...thanks.  Perhaps Mr. Anomaly would like an up to date one also for his
alleged compatible archive.

Mike Young was nice enough to respond to my mail to him and mention that IF
you happen to define OS_XENIX_286 in the makefile, then version 4.1.1.2 will
compile.   And it runs, although the devices /dev/dsk/0s2 seem to cause it
to gagg and spit up.  I found that /dev/root and /dev/usr2 are digestible.
The output of fragmented files seems rational on my system, although some of
the total percentages didn't quite make sense.   If Mr. Anomaly can't get the
right version, he might at least include these notes in his blurb.

I would like to get the patches, but I no gots atob.  Silly me, I thought
compress was distributed with Xenix.

Neal Rhodes                       MNOP Ltd                     (404)- 972-5430
President                Lilburn (atlanta) GA 30247             Fax:  978-4741
                             emory!mnopltd!neal
                         gatech!emory!mnopltd!neal