Terminals for use with VP/ix

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.chi.il.us
Mon Dec 19 07:30:21 AEST 1988

In article <125 at infopro.UUCP> david at infopro.UUCP (David Fiedler) writes:

>> Hi, I would like to hear from any one using VP/ix (or Merge)
>> on a terminal, I would like to know what kind of terminal you
>> have, if it has a PC Mode (sends scan codes), and what you
>> think of it.

>The Wyse-60, with PC keyboard, works just fine, except that we still can't
>get the little menu to pop up in the right-hand corner with VP/ix, so we
>use EXITVPIX. It's a scancode CRT and you MUST have that if you are
>running any serious DOS software.

Does anyone know of any PC terminal emulators that emulate a scan-code
terminal (I know -- a PC emulating a terminal emulating a PC..)?  Perhaps
it is a silly thing to want, but I can see that it might be useful to
log into a 386 running VP/ix for occasional access to large data files
instead of having to copy them off to the local machine.  Has anyone
modified kermit to do this (or is it possible just with the SET KEY command)?
Kermit would be especially useful since it already knows how to talk over
the starlan network.

Les Mikesell