XENIX ESDI CRASHES

Mark Dornfeld romwa at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
Wed Mar 23 09:12:19 AEST 1988

I did not want to be the first person to flame Consensys, but
now that I've seen a flame and I'm not the only person having
trouble it's "flame on."

The people at Consensys are technically competent, but they do
not have anything good up front.  After going through a couple
rounds with their eight-port boards and now a tape drive, I'm
convinced that others should be warned.  What we need is high
quality end-user support for XENIX.  Consensys is only
interested in selling a box and then leaving you high and dry.

You may also be interested in knowing that they do not have
any people in the US even though they have an "answering
machine" somewhere in Texas.  The company is based in Toronto.

So be careful.  There are other good companies around with
products that work and that offer support.