XENIX ESDI CRASHES

Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz sandy at turnkey.TCC.COM
Thu Mar 24 23:41:03 AEST 1988

In article <1988Mar22.181219.1405 at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu>, romwa at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Mark Dornfeld) writes:

> I did not want to be the first person to flame Consensys, but
> now that I've seen a flame and I'm not the only person having
> trouble it's "flame on."
>
> The people at Consensys are technically competent, but they do
> not have anything good up front.  After going through a couple
> rounds with their eight-port boards and now a tape drive, I'm
> convinced that others should be warned.  What we need is high
> quality end-user support for XENIX.  Consensys is only
> interested in selling a box and then leaving you high and dry.
>
> You may also be interested in knowing that they do not have
> any people in the US even though they have an "answering
> machine" somewhere in Texas.  The company is based in Toronto.

Before Xenix 2.2 was available, I was running Xenix 2.1.3. Part of my
hardware configuration was a standard Archive tape backup system and needed
a device driver. After contacting a few companies that sold hardware for
Xenix, I contacted Consensys Systems in TEXAS. I did not get an answering
machine but an honest to goodness live individual. He explained to me that
they do not sell their device driver as a stand-alone product but is
included with their Archive Tape system. To make a long story short, he
was willing to sell me the driver for a nominal fee ( which I purchased ).
During the installation, I had a few problems ( which turned out to be
my own ) and Consensys Systems was MORE than willing to help bring the
system up.

I have been following the negative messages concerning Consensys Systems and
I feel that a positive one should also be mentioned. I have called
Consensys many times since then, in Texas, and have never reached an
answering machine. The company may be small since I always have connected
with the same person.

Sanford ( Sandy ) Zelkovitz    XBBS     714-828-0288
          ........!ihnp4!hermix!alphacm!sandy
          ........!ucbvax!ucivax!icnvax!alphacm!sandy
          ........!uunet!ccicpg!turnkey!alphacm!sandy