using a Logitech Bus Mouse with SCO 2.3.1

Jim O'Connor jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Sun Apr 23 00:05:56 AEST 1989

In article <6340001 at hpcupt1.HP.COM>, stratton at hpcupt1.HP.COM (Jim Stratton) writes:

> I run SCO 2.3.1 on a 386 with a Logitech HiRez bus mouse and have no problems
> in Xenix.  I also get the "10 bits of I/O address decoding" message at bootup.
> The mouse is on the 2nd parallel interrupt (IRQ 5 I think).  Mouse comes up
> everytime in Xenix, warm or cold boot.  However, the mouse is NEVER recognized
> when I warm boot from my DOS 3.3 partition AFTER having run Xenix... it
> always takes a cold boot in this situation to remedy the mouse with DOS.

I believe, after looking at several of them, that the bus board used by the
Logitech HiRez Mouse is not exactly the same as the board used by the
"regular" bus mouse.  This could explain the difference.  Although it does help
me out, since I could trade my "regular" one for a HiRez model.

So far, responses from others with the "regular" Logitech mouse have supported
the theory.

> Hope this helps.

A little, at least.
James B. O'Connor			jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Filtration Sciences Corporation		615/821-4022 x. 651

*** Altos users unite! mail to "info-altos-request at tiamat.fsc.com" ***