using a Logitech Bus Mouse with SCO 2.3.1

Jim Stratton stratton at hpcupt1.HP.COM
Fri Apr 21 07:05:07 AEST 1989

>In article <589 at lilink.UUCP>, mikej at lilink.UUCP (Michael R. Johnston) writes:
>> I hate to brag guys( 8) ) but I have a Logitech Mouse installed
>> on my 386 and it works just perfectly. I am using INT 3 if that makes
>> a difference. The mouse is one of the older sqaure type mouses. NOT
>> the newer rounder (ergonomic) style. Even from a COLD boot Xenix
>> recognizes it just fine. Perhaps the interupt is the problem?
>
>Actually, I think the cause is omething else.  Some recent research indicates
>that the cause might be connected to the "number of bit of I/O address
>decoding" that the system bus performs.  For instance, on Mike's system,

[bootlogs and accompanying discussion omitted]

>In the mean time, if anyone has a Logitech bus mouse which works consistantly
>from COLD BOOT (power up or reset) and also gets the "10 bits of I/O address
>decoding" message, please let me know.  Conversely, if you DO NOT get the
>"10 bits" message and the mouse DOES NOT work, let me know as well.

I run SCO 2.3.1 on a 386 with a Logitech HiRez bus mouse and have no problems
in Xenix.  I also get the "10 bits of I/O address decoding" message at bootup.
The mouse is on the 2nd parallel interrupt (IRQ 5 I think).  Mouse comes up
everytime in Xenix, warm or cold boot.  However, the mouse is NEVER recognized
when I warm boot from my DOS 3.3 partition AFTER having run Xenix... it
always takes a cold boot in this situation to remedy the mouse with DOS.

Hope this helps.

Jim Stratton
(408) 447-1768
hplabs.hp.com!hpcupt1!stratton